Reposition Johnson Tiles and develop a marketing and communications plan to take the brand to market.
The aim is to change perceptions of Johnson Tiles from ‘basic wall tiles’ that the older generation is familiar with to a stylish, modern, young, customisable, design-lead floor and wall tile manufacturer and retailer.
The market and particularly the advertising space in this category is bombarded by National Tiles and Frank Walker as well as Beaumont Tiles, both however lack the key capability to design and produce their own tiles, Johnson Tiles has manufacturing plants in Malaysia and China.
With Red Crayon, Johnson Tiles propose to offer the market an alternative where they can design a bespoke tile specifically to their taste and style.
– Strategy development focused on repositioning the brand
– A focus group with key architects and specifiers
– Develop a set of assets and campaign materials for a radio based campaign
– A new website with some helpful tools like virtual designer and ‘build your own brochure’ functionality
– Production of 3 stylish video’s heralding the change in positioning of Johnson Tiles
The website has been exceptionally well received and the radio campaign hit the airwaves in March and had a significant effect on sales over the period.